CONTINEU exercise is very important for diabetics because it can control blood sugar levels and decreased body weight and blood pressure. Diabetics who exercise regularly are also more rare to have a heart attack or stroke than those who exercised less.
The cause why exercise can help control blood sugar levels is because during exercise, muscle cells to work harder so that more needed to burn sugar and oxygen into energy than when resting. Exercise also helps insulin work because sugar in the blood flowed into the muscle cells for conversion into energy so that the automatic blood sugar levels in the blood will decrease so that will lighten the work of insulin.
Here are some other benefits of regular exercise for people with diabetes:
- Controlling blood sugar, especially in type 2 diabetes, whereas for type 1 diabetes is still problematic.
- Pursue and improve risk factors for cardiovascular disease occurs in many diabetics, such as coronary heart disease (CHD), stroke and peripheral vascular disease.
- Assist weight loss programs in patients with diabetes are also obese, even more so when done in conjunction with dietary adjustments.
- Provides psychological benefits, regular exercise can improve physical fitness level for improving the cardiovascular system, respiration, blood sugar control so that the patients felt fit, reduce the anxiety of the disease, arises a sense of pleasure and further enhance confidence and improve the quality of life.
- Reducing the need for oral drugs and insulin usage.
- Preventing diabetes early, especially for people - people with a family history of diabetes or for those who enter in pre diabetic group.
Exercise that is recommended for diabetics is low impact aerobics and rithmis like gymnastics, jogging, swimming and riding a bike, while the static resistance exercise is not recommended (such as lifting weights, etc.). The portion of the exercise should also be noted, excessive exercise would be detrimental to health, while too little exercise is not so useful. Determination of the portion of these exercises should pay attention to exercise intensity, duration and frequency of training exercises.
In practical terms the intensity of exercise undertaken by the club - a club for people with diabetes be assessed by:
* Target pulse / exercise area.
* Blood sugar levels before and after exercise.
* Blood pressure before and after exercise.